when i was much younger - when mak was about my age now - i remember her often asking me on her looks. At that age – I wondered why she needed to ask? To me she's beautiful - still is with defined features. I got only a portion of her features - and thankful to God.
Each time I went through photos of her days in college - always thought she's hot. I would be so far behind if she's born during my days - or if i'm born during hers. Again - thank God. I am envious - yet proud :)
Apart from those photos in college, as far as i could remember - mak has always been - well - not thin; not plum either becoz she's leggy and has the height. Even now - she's taller than me. Kesian ... and beloved arwah abah used to call me 'katek'. Whose fault was that? Actually - can't tell - because abah was tall as well and so is my one and only beloved brother - adik. Then - katek pun no problem - becoz i was sweet and 'small'. Those were the days..
I called mak semalam - asked her - first - if she think i look older than my age. She answered with a specially controlled and calm tone of "napa yang?". I could read her thots – something to do with hubby. Jeng-jeng-jeng! My answer – “saja tanya, mak dulu pun selalu tanya, kan..?”. I know she’s still with “something-to-do-with-menantu-aku-ni” thot when she said “dak lah”.
My second question – “Mak nampak macam tort ni lebih tua dari S (hubby) dak?”. A soft “awat yang?” came next. Hmm… talk about the level of trust mak has in my hubby... I told the truth - that hubby’s birthday semalam reminded me of my years as well, bla, bla, bla … along the line that man even botak and with the bulges could still look good.. bla, bla, bla. Mak gave me a long answer - surrounding the beauty lies in the eye of the beholder line (in melayu version) – suppose to “pull” me up.
Then I came to my final question “Am I fat?” and she said “Yes”. Gloomy – gloomy – gloomy - still gloomy.
No comments:
Post a Comment